A nice showing for stb_truetype!
The scaling and metrics are probably off because I'm still figuring out the analogues between stb_truetype and Win32's font API and had to stub out code where I didn't know what to do.
At least I no longer have to printf to the terminal. https://mast.linuxgamecast.com/@rohit_n/105206118674822960
Hats are optional when you're on Linux.
Took the whole day to get to this point, and I still can't get in game.
Updated my changelog.
Text quads weren't drawing because font loading code on Linux was so stubbed that characters always had a width of zero. For now, I'm hardcoding it because Windows just cheats and uses wingdi.h for everything font related.
For some reason, the New Game button seems unusable, so I still can't get in-game.
Why call D3DXLoadSurfaceFromMemory when you can call memcpy?
CAUSE YOU'RE MY GIRL
AND THAT'S ALRIGHT
Currently getting rid of D3DX9 code while listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT9p1L1lkAE
I added gdk-pixbuf libraries for the AVIF, FLIF, and JPEG-XL formats in my Manjaro installation, but the thumbnailer didn't pick them up, despite my adding the requisite files in /usr/share/thumbnailers. Viewnior could view the files, so gdk-pixbuf was fine.
Finally, I made a ~/.config/tumbler/tumbler.rc file and set the "Disabled" key to true in the [PixbufThumbnailer] section. Nowhere in the tumbler documentation was this mentioned.
Just tried the latest OldUnreal binary for Unreal Tournament (v469a), and it works great on Linux!
The old Loki binary for UT99 suffers from bit rot due to the fact that it uses SDL 1 (1.1, which is way older than 1.2!) and a version of OpenAL that doesn't use modern Linux audio backends, forcing you to download packages that wrap around OSS. This fixes both of those issues.
UT99 can easily be run under Wine, but I always have a soft spot for native binaries.
Getting a really annoying fullscreen bug in Chocolate/Crispy Doom in Manjaro, so I made a bug report:
Not sure if it's an issue with the game or Manjaro /XFCE.